Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Top 5 Summer Blushes

I get into these moods- I know I have mentioned it here on MBB before- where I am obsessed with outfits, lipsticks, brushes, fruit, home decor, candles, photography, whatever the obsession is for the week- I get into it. Like for reals. Lately I have been obsessed with blushes. Here are my top picks for this summer!


Milani
Corallina
I think the reason for my obsession has been my latest edition in my blush collection. This baby! Oh me gosh- this is just gorgeous! Baked blushes/bronzers are always pretty in the pan, but this is just on another level. When you swatch this it looks a little lighter and brighter of a shade of coral with tiny flex of shimmer. Once applied, it brings a beautiful color to the cheeks along with a highlighting quality because of the shimmer in it- you do not need a highlight when using this blush. This is not one of those blushes that you need to apply twice. The tiniest bit will make your cheeks pop- I gotta be careful with this one, it packs pigment! Not to mention the packaging looks like it should be on the right side of Ulta {are all Ulta's set up with the higher end products on the right side of the store?} but you can find it in CVS for under $10. If you have never tried any Milani baked blushes, I can honestly say you must!

Wet n Wild Color Icon
Heather Silk
This is another banger at the drugstore. One of those blushes that you cannot swirl your brush in over and over. Lightly tap the brush into the blush then tap off the excess- I repeat, tap off the excess! This baby is pigmented and it is only like 2 or 3 bucks! If your not into the shimmer, then this is the perfect blush for you. It is a matte medium pink. It is the darkest color of the bunch. This is an all year round blush for sure. Love this one.

Physician's Formula
Rose
The packaging is adorable. It even comes with a legit brush that I can actually use {I like to use it for contouring my nose because of the shape- it reminds me of a smaller version of the Nars Ita brush} If your new to makeup I think this is a great pick for you. It's not one of those blushes that is so pigmented that it's hard to use but it is surely buildable. Once applied it looks so beautiful on the cheeks. This is a blush that has some shimmer in it {not as much as Corallina}. This blush is magical- It has a highlighting quality without being crazy shimmery. It does have a little bit of shimmer in the pan but on the cheeks it doesn't look shimmery. It just looks brightening. On top of that it brings a nice pink flush to the cheeks. You will see in the swatch photo, it looks almost identical to Dollface. However, if you swatch more of that brighter pink color as opposed to the baby pink (which is how I usually wear it/how its swatched in the photo) you will get a different color. Thinking back I wished I would have swatched it that way. I need to start wearing more of the brighter color because it is so pretty on the back of my hand right now!

ELF Studio Blush
Pink Passion
I am in love with ELF's Studio Blushes. If I could have, I would have put them all in this blog post but because half of them have broken and have the pan showing, I decided it wouldn't be a very cute photo. So here is a review on the line. Anyways, this blush is the brightest of the bunch: a hot bubble gum pink. It is also a matte blush. It is also extremely chalky, which also makes it very pigmented. Tap off the excess, please! With all of these pros and cons, it is a great blush in my collection and it is well loved- I have been using it more than ever this summer. A great pick for any skin tone!

Tarte Amazonian Clay
Dollface
Another matte pink blush. It swatches just like PF's Rose but without the shimmer. It's hard to swatch! It isn't all that pigmented but again, I kinda like that quality in a blush because you can build it up without having to worry about looking like a clown. This one just does something for me. It is that blush that I go to when I don't know what else to wear.



This blog post goes along with The Summer Edit Pt II. I mentiond some of these in that video and also a couple more. The other one's I mention in the video are some of my favorites but they just do not photograph that well because they look used and worn down, to be frank. So check it out!




Thanx for reading!
<3
Erica

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful blush picks <3

Unknown said...

thanx Coco (:

Unknown said...

I think I've found a nice informative blog after searching a long time. Thanks for your great articles and information, Its very Helpful for everyone.The contents are quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

Beauty Tips For Girls

Beauty write for us said...

thanks for shearing this post.. nice information

Anonymous said...

Here’s The 10 Drugstore Setting Powders of 2019. That'll Save Your Shiny Face. Best Overall Drugstore Setting Powders are given below:
1. Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder
2. Maybelline Fit Me! Loose Finishing Powder
3. NYX Professional Makeup HD Finishing Powder
4. Dermablend Loose Setting Powder
5. Mehron Makeup Setting Powder
6. Butter Cup Flash-friendly loose powder for Medium to Deep Skin Tones
7. Almay Loose Finishing Powder
8. Wunder2 Perfect Selfie HD Photo Finishing Powder
9. Best for Deep Skin Tones: L’oreal Paris Makeup True Match Super-Blendable Powder
10. Best for Oily Skin: Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
More to see details Click Here.......
https://www.ladiesitem.com/best-drugstore-setting-powder/

Abul kashem said...

Here’s The 10 Drugstore Setting Powders of 2019. That'll Save Your Shiny Face. Best Overall Drugstore Setting Powders are given below:
1. Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder
2. Maybelline Fit Me! Loose Finishing Powder
3. NYX Professional Makeup HD Finishing Powder
4. Dermablend Loose Setting Powder
5. Mehron Makeup Setting Powder
6. Butter Cup Flash-friendly loose powder for Medium to Deep Skin Tones
7. Almay Loose Finishing Powder
8. Wunder2 Perfect Selfie HD Photo Finishing Powder
9. Best for Deep Skin Tones: L’oreal Paris Makeup True Match Super-Blendable Powder
10. Best for Oily Skin: Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
More to see details Click Here.......
https://www.ladiesitem.com/best-drugstore-setting-powder/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...