Throw everything you know about cheesecakes out the window because I am going to introduce you to the most delicious, healthy cheesecake you have ever had! I of course cannot take credit for this recipe, it got from Damy Health. She has an array of healthy recipes on her site (including a vegan version of this). I have tried a few but this one far exceeded my expectations, + I took some good pictures so I am exited to share it with you.
- 1/4 Cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Neufchâtel Cheese (healthier version of cream cheese)
- 2-3 Tbsp Agave or Honey. I used a mix of both. Or you can use Stevia
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Drops Red Food Coloring
Chocolate Covered Shell
*** I used 1/4 cup of everything and as you may be able to tell from the picture, the coating is a little thin. Because of this, they were a little bit tougher to get out of the ice cube tray. The original recipe calls for 1 cup of each ingredient, explaining that there will be left over chocolate. I would go with 1/2 cup.
- 1/2 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup, Honey or Agave. I used a mix of the last 2
- Set out the Neufchâtel Cheese 15-20 minutes before you start to soften it a little bit
- Blend Cheesecake ingredients until smooth in a blender.
- If you live in a cooler climate, melt your Coconut Oil in a bowl in the microwave before mix it. It needs to be a liquid.
- In a separate bowl, blend Chocolate Coating ingredients until smooth.
- Spray a pre-chilled, clean ice cube tray with cooking spray.
- Using a spoon, pour the Chocolate into each ice cube mold to coat the full bottom.
- Tipping the Ice Cube Tray from side to side, coat the sides of each ice cube mold. Make sure the molds are completely coated.
- Add a dollop of Cheesecake filling into each mold
- Top it off with the rest of your Chocolate
- Freeze it for a few hours.
- When your ready to serve/eat it, let it thaw for like 5 minutes
- Twist the ice cube tray, (like you would to remove ice cubes) to remove each cheesecake bite.
- If that doesn't work (I needed more man power) set the ice cube tray upside down on the counter, grab a utensil and smack the hell out of the bottom of each mold until it comes out.
These are so delicious! Once it is frozen, it is even better! The chocolate around it just melts in your mouth and makes the cheesecake bites that much better. I promise these do not taste like yogurt. They taste like cheesecake! They don't even taste healthy. The chocolate covered coating is.....to die for! If your not a fan of coconut, don't worry because you can't taste it. The chocolate covered coating just melts in your mouth (realistically and scientifically)
thank you to Damy for the original recipe!