Friday, March 21, 2014

March Ipsy Review and FOTD


I have never been a firm believer in apologizing for not publishing on any particular blog. It's your own thing, it isn't your job and I feel as if you can post or not post whenever you want. But, not publishing regular blogs here just feels weird. I am trying to find a balance between YouTube and Mind Body Beauty and obviously I have yet to find it. However, this is a great start! From here on out, you wont hear any excuses about why I publish or don't publish. I will hopefully find some kind of balance. To be total honest I have been inspired to start publishing here on a regular basis. I just don't want to neglect my channel. Either way, I will always have a creative outlet. When the time comes that I suddenly stop using those outlets to my benefit, some one look into where I have been and my mind set. The day i stop having a creative outlet is the day you can declare me dead. So, please go subscribe to my YouTube channel! It's the same stuff from here, only it's there. I used to hate reading these types of messages on blogs because frankly I didn't really care. I just wanted to read the content and I hope you feel the same. This is officially the last "excuse" you will ever hear from me.



Ok! Now that I have that out of the way, I want to talk about my March Ipsy bag! I honestly love this subscription. I don't need to tell you all exactly what it is all about, but if you need to know more than this, click, click, click!




In the video, I review and swatch everything but one thing....

Klorane Eye Patches
I have never in my life tried eye patches. I have done tea bags on my eyes and it really reduces swelling and redness. Maybe I should do a blog post on that one day. These patches are marketed as soothing and relaxing and with soothing cornflower. I had no clue cornflower was soothing before this. You are to take the patches off of the paper and apply to the contour of your eyes {right underneath} for 20 minutes. The patch had a sticky gel-like consistency but it was nothing that was irritating. In fact, the eye patches felt really cooling- minty, really. I left them on for around a half hour and while they felt nice on, I didn't see too much of a difference. My under eyes still looked red {as usual} but they did feel a little bit softer. These were fun to try but I don't think they are a must.


On the other hand, the Bare Minerals Rebel Lip Gloss and Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow Quad in Bora Bora were a huge hit! Here's my Face of the Day using each of those products:

FOTD:
I used the Bare Minerals lip gloss in Rebel, that being the only thing on my lips. On the eyes, I used Rock Bottom {burnt red} on the lid, Risky Business {gold} right on the center of the lid, Starlet {brown} in the crease, and Bora Bora {teal} on the bottom lash line. I used a nude eye pencil in the waterline, a brown on the upper lash line, and my favorite liquid liner from Milani called Eye Tech. It's in a gold tube. Its amazing. Lastly I used Physician's Formula's Organic Wear mascara. I really like it- Review to come on that soon! 
 


That's it for now!

<3
Erica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...