Wednesday, May 16, 2012

7 Deadly Sins of Beauty TAG

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3724080/mind-body-beauty?claim=835e4x5sumh">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Hey! I am sure we have all sen this tag floating around. I know I have! It looked really fun but everyone kept on answering w/ the same answer's! What Gives? Some things I suppose are inevitable but other questions, I really wanted to get creative! Of course, not everyone's Q&A's were exactly the same, & I obviously loved the idea of this tag, so if you do have a video or a blog post about, link me up, yo!


1. Greed: What is your most inexpensive/expensive makeup item? 

Inexpensive: I have lots of inexpensive things! That is stuff I live for. Anything from the E.L.F. Essentials line is $1 & they have plenty of excellent products on that $1 list. I would say I got the most bang for my buck with the ELF Essentials lipstick in Classy & the Eye Shadow Quad in Drama.




For $1, you can't ask for anything better with this lipstick. It applies nicely & it smells really good too. I also hear it is a good dupe for Angel by MAC. hmm...I cant say for sure because I dont have Angel but I would say it's true because I watched a great video on it. They also smell amazing!



 here's a swatch: sorry about the shadow- boo! You can tell it's a mid-toned pink. Pretty






As for the Brightening Eye Shadow Quad, it is really great! There is a white matte that is actually pigmented, a couple really sparkly glittery silver colors (those are always good to have on hand) and a black w/ a little bit of shimmer. Check out the swatches: The swatches are on my boyfriends hand (: thank you Philly











Most Expensive: Even though I got the Naked palette for Christmas, I still know it is the most expensive makeup item I do own. I am not going to go on and on about it because we have all seen it a few times now! I will say I really do love it and my favorite colors are: Sin, Virgin, Toasted, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, & Hustle. So pretty. Between my mom and I, we get a lot of use out of it. My mom even thought it was an outrageous price, bought it anyway, & is happy she did so nowadays. That's proof that it's a good investment!














2. Wrath: What Beauty item do you have a love/hate relationship with? Revlon Colorstay. Now let me explain. This has been my absolute favorite foundation that I have ever tried. It worked so well for me for over a year now. When I recently purchased my new bottle I was feeling like it wasn't working for me. Sure it covers but I have a lot of redness that Color Stay used to be able to cover up & now it doesn't do that as well. Granted, it still covers just not as well as I would like it to- like it used to. It's really strange. Maybe it's the new concealer I am using which is Revlon's Photo Ready Concealer




another beauty item I have a love hate relationship with is Nyx Narcissus! God, I love that gorgeous color! My favorite bold lipstick! And the smell? Amazing! I was wearing it every single day I loved it so much. Then, something happened to it. I think it was because I used to put it in my apron every day and re apply every hour at work where I was running around in a hot restaurant. I think its probably time to buy a new one. For now, I have a love hate relationship with it. Love the color. Hate when I go to put it on, I get it everywhere. I usually just dot it on my lips then smooth it out w/ my finger or q-tip. You really cant put it on like regular lipstick








What item has been the hardest to get? A great nude lipstick! I was trying so many nudes until I found Revlon's Lip Butter in Creamsicle. The one I really missed the ball on? NYX in Summer Love. It looks awful on me. You would think I would have known that just by looking at it but I obviously didnt! lol- I personally would like a nude lipstick in lipstick form as opposed to a butter type of thing. Any suggestions for me? I ws thinking Nyx Orange Soda










3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? Since I have been picking 2 for almost every question, why stop now? Especially when both of them are a true tie.

My first one is the Bodycology Hazelnut body scrub. You can get a big tub of it at Wal-Mart for like $6. It literally smells like it is supposed to be slathered on to my toast as opposed to my body. Not to mention it is a really great scrub. I actually like it better than any of C.O. Bigelow's.









My next one is Dark Kiss body butter. I will let the description speak for itself. - "A blend of black raspberry, Mirabelle plum, amber, dark vanilla bean, & sensual balsam". That's how Bath & Body Works describes it. When I smell it, it makes me think of a blue kool aid flavor with a really warm note, which is probably the amber. It's hard to describe. It's smells delicious.















4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? Lashes. Absolutely, without a doubt. It doesn't help that I am not that great at applying them. I do have lashes that are pretty long, esp. when I am using the right mascara, I sometimes feel as if I don't need them. But when I really want them, I start putting them on, they annoy my face and eye balls to no end, so I take them off. Practice makes perfect & most of the time I don't even attempt to put them on, sometimes I grin & bear it, but most likely I take them right off! Pictured are Elf lashes. The only ones I have right now, actually.











5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? Black eyeliner on the waterline. I don't leave home without it, actually. When I first started with makeup, all I would do is apply black liner on the waterline and apply some mascara & I would be happy. To this day I always use at least mascara,black liner, & arch my brows. But if I am not wearing my liner, I feel very peculiar. Here's some of the ones I am using now that I like a lot.

front to back:  Mark. No Place To Run, Styli-Style, Smashbox, & Revlon Colorstay









6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Hair, Eyes, Ambition, Kind, Polite, Loyal, I like a guy that is a homebody,I hate that loud obnoxious guy at the bar. Or the guy that is a party animal. I especially like a guy that will go shopping with me or to a makeup party if I can't find anyone else to go. My boyfriend? Is all of those things.






7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? I think this calls for a quick little wish list! The ultimate gift would be a makeup brush set.



1. The ultimate brush set that would be perfect for me would be the Performance Eye Kit Brushes simply because I do have smaller lids to work with and even the brushes I have now are sometimes too big.

2. The next thing is something I just came up with but I would love it as much as anything else. A Nars eye shadow palette. Any of them, honestly. I always hear how Nars eyeshadow's are so amazing & unique.

3. The Sigma Precision Brushes I really would love because they are unique face brushes that are all kabuki type of brushes.

4. I have wanted this Too Faced Face palette since it came out a few months ago. It is right up my alley. I would use the fuck out of it! haha



There you have my 7 Deadly Cosmetics! - lol
Link me if you did this tag as well

Till Next Time,
Erica





like all of my picture flare?  Go to this link! She's amazing!

10 comments:

Rebecca♥ said...

Loved reading this, I'm thinking of doing it myself too! I don't know what I have that is hard to find though, I don't buy anything particularly "out there" or anything...haha!
Great post lovely:)

whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.co.uk xxxxxxxxx

Erica J said...

be creative! you dont necessarily have to wait for products or buy stuff thats out there. the perfect nude lipstick is really out there, lol

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

We did this awhile ago and it was fun to go through all of the questions. I swear the UD Naked Palette is one of the best palettes there is...and the second one is just as awesome. :-)

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Valerie Mantz said...

In case you don't read your email often, I emailed you some buttons! <3

Jen said...

I'm a new reader, and I love this post! I hope you don't mind if I play along - it's a fun idea. :)

Erica J said...

Valerie- I dont read my email often so thank you!

Jen- absolutely! please do this tag & let me know if you did so I can come & check it out!

Erica J said...

Jayme & Mendi- I know it is & I want it so bad! those are my kinda colors! I like the taupes

Graceful Glamour UK said...

I love Elf Classy! It is without a doubt my favourite cheap product that I own and it's currently in my top 5 lipsticks. It's like girly pink in a stick! You've given me some inspiration, I'm going to do this tag I think x :-)

Erica J said...

Yay! I will be watching out for it Charlie!

Unknown said...

oooo love yours and your blog!
i did the tagg to please check it out :) xxx
http://hughesingg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/7-deadly-sins-of-beauty-tagg.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...