Monday, May 19, 2014

Bright Summer Lips: NYX Butter Glosses

When spring/summer rolls around, I am ready for bright color's. The past week in Ohio has been nothing but rain and storms. Le sigh. I went into Ulta with the intention of finding something bright. NYX was having BOGO 1/2 off {as usual} and I knew I already liked their Lip Butters so I decided on these two. They were the brightest of the bunch.

Since I have already reviewed these in two other colors here, I will just give you a quick run down. These Lip Butters are great. They have a doe foot applicator + They have both pigment and gloss. It truly feels like a buttery consistency. It isn't sticky in the slightest. They are comfortable to wear.

Cherry Cheese Cake
This one was the brightest orange of the bunch. I always like orange lipstick for the summer. I wondered why they chose "Cherry" as a part of the name- it is a bit misleading. I think of a cherry as red, don't you? I have decided if it isn't a red orange then it is a yellow orange. To me, this is a true orange. It reminded me a lot of Revlon's Siren {matte} and swatching them next to each other, I noticed it was a dupe as far as the color goes. If your looking for the perfect orange lip, they make an excellent pair.


Peaches and Cream
Another weird name. I had to look for the peachy tone in there and I suppose this would lean slightly coral but to me this is just a perfect bubblegum pink. I have talked about the ELF Essentials Lipstick in Flirtatious plenty of times {may or may not be my all time favorite lipstick} and after swatching them side by side, I realized they are an exact dupe as far as color goes. Another perfect pairing if your looking for a bright pink lip.

Here's the swatches on my wrist. Peaches and Cream is on top and Cherry Cheesecake is below that.


Swatching lipsticks/glosses never give a true color of what it would look like on the lips. These lip glosses look a little but deeper- more bold - on the lips.

I love this time of year. I am so excited for the summer- and bold bright colors!

What are your favorite Bright lip colors?
What about your Favorite NYX Butter Gloss shades?

thanx for reading!
{xx}
Erica

4 comments:

Beauty Writer said...

Very pretty colours. I must try these glosses sometime!

http://www.writingbeauty.com/

Asha said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! :) I love the pink on you, it looks so pretty :)

The Oxford Owl

MITCH said...

I love both pink and orange shade! Looks great on you.


xx,
felishmichelle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beauty Writer: yes, you must! these are my favorite drugstore glosses. they are just perfect for a gloss.

Asha: thanx! I agree i think im more of a pink girl. but you gotta love that orange

Mitch: ima sucker for bright lip colors....thank you! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...