Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ombre NOTW

This is not the ombre your thinking of! Where you paint your thumb the darkest color, then your pinky the lightest color, ombrein' all the way down the hand. Nope, this is the actual nail! When I seen it, I thought it was too cute.


What you do: Take a solid color of nail polish, and paint your whole nail. Then you take a glitter and start at the tip of your nail, taking it down to nothingness at the cuticle. I have even seen people use regular glitter as opposed to polish, which gave a really pretty effect. Here's some really bad pictures I tried to take. Hey my nails were wet and I was crunched for time to get the picture and paint the rest of my nail, what can I say?


 see that glitter at the tip? Pull it down! I repeated that technique on each nail around 3 times. So I used 3 coats.





When I picked out the combination of the glitter & color I wanted to use, I was quite pleased with myself. I really like these 2 together. I usually only use Strobe Light (glitter) with pinks for some reason. Glad I went outside my comfort zone. Colors I used are as follows:



That is my NOTW! You guys like it? Just a reminder for the Spring Trends Series! I would like to post the first part at least before next week which is when I am going out of town for the day.  Either the first part or my fashion TAG! I made up a Fashion TAG which is a lot of fun! Let me know if you want to be tagged & also what you would like to see first on the blog! Thank you guys!

Have you guys tried or will you try this Ombre trend? What colors will you use or did you use?

Till next time,
Erica J

13 comments:

Laura-xo said...

These look lovely :)
Love glitter ombre right now :)


Laura xoxo

Nails My Dreams said...

Thanks for following! (from the blog hop)
Purple + Ombre = Love!
(^^,)

Unknown said...

strobe light looks so awesome!!!

Amy

Jiawun - Beauty Nerd By Night said...

I love your blog!
I followed you and I found you through Blog Hop! Yay!

http://beautynerd-bynight.blogspot.com

Nails My Dreams said...

Hi! I nominated you for an award!
http://nailsmydreams.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-first-blogger-award.html

I'm really obsessed with your purple ombre nails.
(^^,)

Cindy said...

Great colour and love the glitter much!

xoxo,

Now following your blog!

http://icycrystalgalleria.blogspot.ca/

Cindy

Erica J said...

hey everybody! thanx for coming! Nails my Dreams! thank you so much for the award!

Paris said...

Love the sparkly tips! Perfect for spring!!
I just discovered your lovely blog through the Blog Love Therapy blog hop! Let me know if you'd like to follow each other via GFC and I'll be sure to follow back :)

xoxo,
Paris

glitteratiandglamour.blogspot.com

Paris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...