Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Favorite Champagne Eyeshadows

My favorite color - out of any color - of eyeshadow is absolutely champagne. It is the perfect lighter color all over the lid, in my opinion. I have hooded eyes so I need all the help I can get with bringing the lid part of my eye out. Even you don't have hooded lids, you have to love champagne shadows. Any skin tone/color can wear champagne.


I picked out 3 of my favorite champagne eye shadows that are all that and a bag of chips! (wtf...i should delete that last sentence. But I obviously didn't) 2 are creams and 1 is powder.

 Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten
This is the best eyeshadow color in the world. I don't just mean the best champagne eyeshadow. It is the best eyeshadow. If you haven't tried Kitten, you really need to. Once you do, I know you will feel the need to always have it in your collection. Kitten is silky to the touch, has incredible pigment which in turn gives incredible color pay off. Even when I have a much deeper, more vibrant eyeshadow color anywhere else in my eye look, Kitten always gives it a run for its money. Not that you have 2 bold eye colors competing, giving your eye look a tacky feel. That is why I love it. It has vibrancy with also being neutral (am I making sense? lol). It really highlights the eye nicely because of that. If you have hooded lids like me and wear this on the lid, it brings them out beautifully. Even though I never thought I would have a holy grail eye shadow, this one is making the page.

Jouer Cream Shadow in Feather
This formula has a really silky feel to the touch and it leaves an extremely thin layer of product to where it is applied without compromising the color payoff. This is a good point if you have oily eye lids as you know the more layers you add, the more likely your eyeshadow is to crease. Feather would work beautifully as a face highlight because of that and also because it blends like a dream. Even though I wear this as a base under other similar eyeshadow colors (Kitten!), I dont recommend it without a primer as it will crease like crazy. Even though it is thin, there usually is no getting around it without a primer. I apply it with my fingers and it works like a dream.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige
If you haven't heard about the Color Tattoos I have one question: where have you been? Unlike its higher end counterpart, Barely Beige (or any other Color Tattoo) will work wonderfully as a base for another eyeshadow on top to make it pop more, and as a primer. I haven't had any problems with it creasing as long as im not globbing it on. It has more of a creamy feel than a silky feel, and the formula is more thicker than Feather. On top of using it as a primer and a base, it works well on it's own. A life saver when I am in a hurry and want to kill lots of birds with one stone.

Both Maybelline's Barely Beige and Jouer's Feather are almost the same when it comes to color. You will see in the swatch how they differ. If you have been wanting Feather but have Barely Beige, save your money! If you can't find Barely Beige any longer, look to Jouer for Feather. They have them on the Birchbox website (where I got mine!) and if you rack up your points you can get it for free.

 Top: Maybelline Barely Beige. Bottom: Jouer's Feather.



when you see the swatches, please know that there is a reflection and both cream shadows reflect light like crazy, so in some lights they look as is and in others they look the same.


A quick overview of some of my favorite champagne eyeshadows that will double and triple as face highlights, primers, & bases.

short. sweet. to the point.

whats your favorite champagne eyeshadow? Would love more recommendations!
whats your favorite color of eyeshadow?

11 comments:

Jayne said...

Great post! I really want to try Stila Kitten. I love MAC bare study for a lovely champagne colour x

http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk/

Chantel said...

Nice post. Champagne is a gorgeous eye shadow color.

Blog Rince said...

I have got to get my hands on those Maybelline Color Tattoos! Barely Beige looks amazing, and I've had Kitten on my wish list for a while now! :)

Unknown said...

Jayne: can you believe i only have 2 mac eyeshadows and i dont even like them. they aren't pigmented. i need to give mac another shot

Chantel: thank you, gorgeous!

Rince: keep your eye out because they are limited edition and as for kitten, it really is my single favorite eyeshadow.

Natalie Loves Beauty said...

I love your blog! It's so pretty! :)

Saima Qamar said...

Hey, my favourite champagne eye shadow is Rubinesque Paint Pot by Mac!

Plush Pink Allure said...

Champange colors are so stunning. I love this maybelline Barely Beige. Following GFC :) http://plushpinkallure.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love Champagne shades as well.

Unknown said...

thank you Natalie (: i have worked hard on it but i am never happy with it- haha! i need a new header, ive had it forever!

thank you to everyone that recommended the paint pots! if more than 1 person mentions the same thing in the comments, i always need to check it out further! i have always wanted a paint pot, and have never had one!

BINKY said...

Thanks for this! I've been looking for a good champagne eyeshadow :) Super helpful!

B xxx
http://paintmypretty.blogspot.co.uk

Ujan sharma said...

Thanks for the informative and helpful post, obviously in your blog everything is good..

strawberry mask for face

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...