Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Favorites

So much good stuff this month! I couldn't narrow it down because I am crazy pants (Snookie reference) and I have beauty/fashion/fragrance/bath: the works! I am going to be doing a separate fashion faves in a fews days so BOLO for that. I guess with all my Christmas stuff and all of the after holiday sales, I out did myself. Wanna see my favorites? k!




Be Enchanted body spray from Bath&Body Works. I haven't been this obsessed with any of B&BW scents (excluding candles) since I purchased Dark Kiss. This actually is really similar to Dark Kiss but this one is more fruity. I can tell you that Be Enchanted is more of a spring scent in comparison to Dark Kiss. If you like Dark Kiss, try this. Bath & Body Works scent description:

"Frosted florals sweetened with sparkling, sugared pomegranate inspired by all that glitters"

.
.
.
.
.





Nuxe Dry Oil: I got this in my December Birchbox and recently reviewed it here with a little more detail. But I really love it as a highlight for my face. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and that has something to do with the "dry" part. You shake it up before you use it. Look how neat it looks before you do so:






Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten: There is a lot of hype around this eyeshadow, and when Stila was having their sale in December, I grabbed this for $4! Obviously it came broken and I just got my new unbroken one in the mail like 2 days ago. They forgot about me until I emailed them again. Oh well, the point is that it is just so pretty. It goes with any color, honestly! I love using this as my highlighting color. Extremely pigmented. *Love*


 Swatches 
they actually match, don't they?
Top: Nuxe Dry Oil Bottom: Stila's Kitten

no flash

with flash


 .
.
.
.
.

 
China Glaze Lorilei's Tiara: I did a NOTW about this polish. It is so pretty! It caught my eye as soon as I walked into the store. It has small silver glitters with bigger blue glitters every now and again. The best thing about this polish? I can get away with one coat! It covers my whole nail! I always do 2 coats, yah no, just in case. If im in a hurry, im good with one. I also love it because dry time is like 1 minute or 2.


Bath & Body Works Pocket Bac in Chocolate Chip Cookie Lunch Box Edition: I got this for 25 cents during their Hello Yellow sale after Christmas and I wanted to grab all of their "lunch box" ones. They had juice box, PB&J sandwich, and a couple others and I am actually not sure why I didn't but this one was different then those ones because it was chocolate and I do not how they do it but it smells like freaking chocolate chip cookies! Just like a chocolate chip cookie. it has the bakery cookie smell along with a little bit of chocolate- it's too cool. I can't get over it. With a candle, I can kinda see how they make the scent exact but with antibacterial, I don't get it.

 .
.
.
.
.


Bodycology Body Scrub in Hazelnut: What drew me to it was the way it smelled. I am usually not a fan of nut scents or even hazelnut for that matter. When I opened this up in the store my nose went hay wire! It smells so delicious- like a breakfast pastry on steroids. The smell alone will make this a monthly favorite but that is just the start of it. I have been using this every time in the shower and it just really makes my skin so smooth. I love exfoliates and I wanna go as far to say I cant live without them, but honestly, I can live without them I just really love them. This one smells exceptionally good and I think I actually like it better then my expensive C.O. Bigelow scrub. Just throwing that out there.


.
.
.

Slatkin & Co Candle in Hot Chocolate: You guys know I love candles and I have a new favorite every month and this month it is definitely Hot Chocolate. It's funny because it does smell like chocolate and I usually do not like chocolate candles but this one is just so delicious! It smells very up scale, bakery like. I don't want them to do away with it for the summer! here's the scent description, which is spot on:


.
.
.
.
.

Other Favorites:

Food:
please excuse my unoriginal picture as my bf ate all my Krave! They are that good!



Have you guys tried this Krave cereal? It's amazing! It is a crunchy shell but then has creamy chocolate in the middle. Since I am back on my healthy track, I needed something that was delicious, but also good for me. This is loaded with vitamins and the like and is a whole grain cereal. It even has more nutrient's then my Kashi Vanilla Island cereal which I found really surprising.Ill be doing a food type of blog post soon, showing everything I have been eating and <3ing for my healthy diet, along with nutrition facts.


Celestial Seasoning's Herbal Tea Sampler

I have been drinking sleepy time tea for years now & I will drink it any time of day because it is so delicious. It's taste's like peppermint and chamomile. Fruity tea's are ok, I make them every once and awhile, but all of these tea's in the Herbal Sampler are right up my alley. I really like every single one of them. Now, I don't have to drink Sleepy Time tea in the day time. I also really like mixing these in with just regular tea bags to boil a big pot and then chill it for a delicious iced tea.


Television
New season's of my favorite shows are on! I am just going to name a couple and not speak on them too much because it seems like me and the rest of the beauty community are on different wavelengths when it comes to tv. I really am not a fan of any of those CW shows. I dunno I cant get into them! I love reality shows things like Forensic Files and Lockup- docudrama's. Real stories. But I hate shows like CSI- the scripted drama's I do not like at all. Tell me if you love any of these shows:

RW/RR Challenge Battle of the Exes: My favorite team is CT & Diem - do you guys remember Diem? I love her! and CT too...he's pretty hot. Lemme know in the comments if you guys are exited for the new season!

Little People Big World: This show hasn't been on in a couple years and they just started back up again. I love that show im so happy it's back on! They are just such a good family with excellent moral's and values.

Dog The Bounty Hunter: I know! Everyone makes fun of me for watching Dog but seriously I love that show. And there is lots of family drama this season which is usually not included in the previous season's.

Kardashians: I know all you guys love them. I did a blog on Kardashian's a while back and it is the most read blog post on my blog. Out of the 11,196 visit's I have had on my blog, 743 of those are coming to read my Kardashian's post! isn't that crazy? So in that post I mentioned how I am not loving Khloe one bit and Kim was my favorite. In fact I didn't even really watch Khloe & Lamar. 

This season of K&KTNYC (season 2) I do love Kim but she has been a bitch lately. I know she hates her husband or whatever but I have been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years and we are still not ready for marriage. Even though were not married, we try our best to meet in the middle with dis-agreements. I still feel like I have a commitment to him even when we aren't getting along so well. After 2-3 months, she decided it isnt going to work (which is fine, that's her choice and im not knocking her for that) what makes me mad is her attitude about it. anyway, Khloe has been my favorite for this season and they are doing another season of K&L so I am actually exited to watch it. 

I also thought I liked Kris H. before this season in NYC but since watching this, he is wayy too immature for Kim and doesn't deserve her....but if your going to get married I feel like you loved that person enough to try and make it work. Blech, Kris reminds me of this annoying kid I used to date when I 18....yeah, he's, well IDK how old he is, but certainly not 18!




Youtube:  


I have my absolute favorites which I mentioned a couple favorites ago, but I recently discovered a new (for me) channel that is quickly becoming one of the first videos I click on in my YT feed. I have always read their blog and just never watched the videos. Her Late Night Cravings is so much fun to watch and what I love about them is that they are always hauling and talking about different things then I usually see. That is something I really love about them- they are really easy to watch and to get into. Check them out!
.
.
.
.
.

As you can see, I have a million faves for the month but whatareyougunnado - Hopefully you guys got some good idea's to try some of the things I have been loving or have even been inspired to do your own favorites post. Also, I hope someone loves the Challenge's as much as I do because I need to talk about it!

xoxo
Erica J

7 comments:

Comme3Pommes said...

Great post! :) I must check out that BBW body spray, I heard great things about it and the body wash =)
I am really loving that China glaze polish and the stila eyeshadow.
Thanks for this great post,
xx

Unknown said...

Be Enchanted is amazing! I have it on right now.

Unknown said...

I got the oil in my Birchbox and didn't know what to do with it. Using it as a highlighter is a great idea! Thanks. I also am in love with Her Late Night Cravings, one of my fav blogs/channel.

Lauren ♥ said...

Oh wow, so many interesting things here! I've never even seen half of these products, they must not be available in Scotland. Jealous! =p

~ Lauren <3
thecosmeticskitten.com

Erica J said...

comme3pommes: the china glaze polish i just cannot get over. it is so pretty!

tiffany: me too!

andthenshesmiled: yes! try it as a highlighter! when summer comes, I am planning on using it on my body too

luaren: boo! that sux!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Wow, that really means so much to us!! if you ever have anything in mind for us to do a video on then please let us know.
BTW, the Slatkin candles are our favorite candles. We just can't get enough of them!!!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Erica J said...

Jayme & Mendi- no need to thank me! just keep on doing what your doing girls! I will absolutely letchya'll know if I have something in mind for a video-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...