Thursday, September 19, 2013

Whats in my Ipsy Bag || Sept

I love Ipsy bags. I say this every month, but I like them better than Birchbox for the most part because I get mainly makeup. But I kind of miss the Birchbox skin care stuff. And I also miss racking up points to buy stuff with them. Birchbox has more high end stuff, most of which is deluxe sized samples. Ipsy is all full sized drug store stuff, mainly.


This month, I must say, wasn't the very best month. In fact it was my least favorite bag out of the 4 I have purchased. There are some really good points and some bad points...

It's So Big:
Elizabeth Mott
This mascara is the best thing. It is officially one of my favorite mascara's. I think I may even like it better than my holy grail Mally's Volumizing Mascara. I have been using the later all year thanks to this kit I bought last Christmas. Just like Mally's Volumizing Mascara, It's So Big knows how to volumize and lengthen really well. I can use two coats and it won't clump and my lashes will still look full and long. MVM can get a little clumpy after the second coat. Right when I pulled the wand out of the tube, I noticed the consistency of It's So Big. It was really, really creamy. Unlike anything I have ever tried. Another point I want to make is that it can really hold a curl unlike anything I have tried. At the end of the day when it was time to take off my makeup, I noticed that my lashes were still curled. Almost like I applied my makeup an hour before. This stuff is bomb.


Eyeshadow in Purple
NYX
NYX is one of my favorite brands for lipstick but I have never tried any of their eyeshadows, surprisingly. This is a nice semi-shimmery pinkish purple eyeshadow called "Purple". I have been liking using this on the bottom lash line the past few days and I even used it in my inner corner last night for a quick pop over my eyeshadow that was already there. It's not the most pigmented but it isn't the worst either.


Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian
Starlooks
I have tried the Starlooks lip liner and I really like it. This eyeliner is more than what I thought it would be. It is pigmented and goes onto the inner rim smoothly. It isn't the blackest black or anything. What I don't like about it is that it seems to travel underneath my eyes and makes me look a little raccoon-y.
 

Taupe Brow Pencil
Victoria Jackson
I love this the most for the name. My last name is Jackson, after all. I have been using it and liking it. I find it is a really good color for my brows being that I am a very light blonde. Use a very light hand with it! You will see in the swatch how pigmented it is. That isn't a good thing with an eye brow pencil. I don't want to look like I drew my eyebrows on with a sharpie.


Fantabulous Lipstick in Honeycrisp
J. Cat
When I first opened it, I thought it could have been a concealer. It's not, it's totally a lipstick. I do love my nude colors and with a light hand and a little blotting after application, it can look nice. Even with someone with such light skin like me. As for the formula, it is nice. Doesn't dry out my lips but also isn't really the most creamy lipstick. It certainly isn't my first pick in nudes. My perfect nude is Pop Beauty's Rose Romance Lip Crayon.


Here's the swatches. 
Left to right:  Lipstick, Eyeshadow, Brow Pencil, Eyeliner

Here's a very yellow FOTD but it's all I got. Why didn't I stand in front of the window like usual? I thought the first picture was way cuter but this isn't about me! It's about that mascara. The second photo shows it a little better. I am also wearing the brow pencil, lipstick, eye liner, and purple eyeshadow on my lower lash line.


So obviously this wasn't the best of the Ipsy bag's. But I absolutely loved It's So Big. You guy's gotta try it. 

What was your favorite thing from this month's Ipsy bag?

xoxo
Erica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...