Sunday, July 21, 2013

July Ipsy Bag Review

This is the second month that I have gotten the Ipsy bag. Last year, I was using Birchbox. I wrote a review every month about it. I loved Birchbox for the simple fact that you could build up points to buy really expensive products with them. For every review, you got 10 points. 100 points = $10 towards your purchase. Every 2 months I would end up with $10 worth of points. Almost like I got the sample boxes for free. I bought a ton of stuff with my points. I got some really awesome stuff from Birchbox: Laura Gellar Baked Blush n Brighten, and a Stila shadow single to name a couple. But I love Ipsy because your not paying the $10 a month for a toss up between samples and maybe some full size items. Your getting around 5 products every month. Most of which are full sized. And all makeup and hair. Let's take a look at the things I got this month:



BH Cosmetics
California Collection
Eyeshadow Trio
It says that these are eyeshadow samples but as you can see, your getting a good amount of product. I love California so naturally, I loved this palette. I have never tried BH cosmetics and I have heard they are pretty good. Once I swatched these, I noticed the swatches weren't all that great. The colors itself are gorgeous but I have tried better eye shadow in my days. Even at the drugstore. So yeah 1 out of 5, im giving this a 2.5.

so as you can see they aren't crazy pigmented.


Big Sexy Hair
Weather Proof
Humidity Resistant Spray
This is another deluxe sized sample. I have curly hair. I have a ton of hair. My hair is prone to frizziness. When I used this the couple times I did, I can't say I noticed a difference in my hair. It's not that it weighs my hair down either, it just doesn't do anything. It smells really nice but I know of better products to combat frizziness. Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum or John Frieda Frizz-Ease are the best for that problem. Im giving this product a 2 out of 5. It smells good, but other than that I don't see a point to it.

Pop Beauty
Pouty Pop Crayon
Rose Romance
This is a full sized lip crayon. It has a faint mint scent and is a gorgeous rosy, mauve, nude color. If your looking for a pink based nude that borders more on the nude side, this is the crayon for you. I would describe this as a hydrating lip cream. It doesn't feel sticky or dry. It feels nice on the lips and has great pigmentation. I am giving this baby a 5 out of 5. I really like this.



Benefit
Benetint
This is a sample. I'll call it deluxe because you can get more than one use out of it for sure. However the full size product is .42 oz. This sample is .08 oz. I have never tried anything from Benefit! Isn't that crazy? As an intro to the brand, I am impressed. This has a rosy scent to it and you can use it on your cheeks or your lips. I have tried Stainiac from The Balm and you had to work quick with it. It didn't blend into a pretty rosy tint like Benetint does. Benetint is so easy to use and blends out beautifully. I am giving this a 5 out of 5 because of that.


Coola
Mineral Sunscreen
Tinted Moisturizer
I know this brand is expensive! This is absolutely a sample. I will probably be able to get 5 or 6 uses out of it. It has a strange scent and that scent isn't sunscreen. I can get past that though. It is a normal tinted moisturizer as far as im concerned. Light coverage. It more or less blurs imperfections. It doesn't feel as oily or greasy as other tinted moisturizers I have used. SPF 20. Im giving this a 4 out of 5 because. It is the best tinted moisturizer I have used due to the consistency and the finish it gives my face but I just don't love tinted moisturizers. I haven't found one that just wows me.

thanks for viewing!
xoxo
Erica


2 comments:

Elle Sees said...

i didn't get the benetint, i got polish, but everything else was the same!

Unknown said...

nice! i love that benetint stuff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...