Monday, March 19, 2012

Giving My Makeup Station a Make-Over

 This blog is formerly Meet Makeup

Hey! Remember my haul from last November? I bought purple spray paint and a paint primer from Wal-Mart to re-do an old 80's looking desk I had. The problem is that I am always having to do my makeup in the bathroom. Which means I was storing it in there. When you store makeup in the bathroom, it goes bad quicker due to the moisture the shower makes. Not a good deal. Luckily I had this old desk to give it a face lift!

Disclaimer: I would be lying if I said I did most of the desk myself. Fact is, my boyfriend did most of the desk. He did most of the sanding and I did all of the painting. We didn't sand the whole thing though. And the side I didn't sand actually looks exactly the same as the side's we he did sand. If your thinking about DIYing something, skip sanding people! If your working with for mica, which is what the desk is.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that I had to go back to the store and purchase another can of spray paint. The desk isn't too big so if your going to spray paint a piece of furniture, you will probably need 2 cans. The paint I used is called Gumdrop and it is by Krylon. It was only around $5



Now that the desk is all done, I store my makeup in/on it. However, I still need to do my makeup in the bathroom due to the lighting. I really need to get some good lighting once and for all. I also need to up-grade my storage too as I ran outta room. So, once everything is fully done, I will update the blog about it.


All and all, I am extremely happy with my results. For one thing, nobody (as far as I know) has this exact same desk as I do. For another thing, I spent $15 in all! ($5 each for the Gumdrop paint, $5 for the primer, & we had the sand paper on hand!) How cool is that?


 So that is that!  I can't wait until the whole station is actually done so I can show it to everyone!

QOTD: Have you guys ever re-did a piece of furniture? 

Do You Guys Like The New Blog URL? How About The Blog Facelift?

Till Next Time,
Stay Beautiful!
xoxo
Erica J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...