Monday, August 26, 2013

High End Hair Products: Shampoo and Conditioner

Last month Ulta was having their liter sale. At that time, I was watching a Bentley Blonde video on how she keeps her hair platinum blonde that she made a few years back. She mentioned Ulta was having a liter sale back then, and that anyone with damaged or highly lifted hair should "run" to the nearest Ulta. It just so happened that I used a high lift hair dye {form of bleach} on my hair a few days before that. This was also when I realized Ulta was having that same liter sale they had years ago. It was obviously fate.

They also had the two liters that she mentioned I needed. Fate, I tell you. One of them was the AG Sterling Silver Shampoo. The other was Redken's All Soft Conditioner.


AG Sterling Silver Shampoo:
I am new to purple shampoos and I have only tried this one and Clairol's Shimmer Lights. I may have to compare them later. This shampoo is no joke. It is a deep, dark purple. It scared me, initially. I thought it would get my shower all purple. This did not happen though. I find that it doesn't stain neither my skin or shower. Once you start lathering it {and yes it does suds up really nicely} into your hair, it turns into a pastel purple. Your supposed to massage it and leave it in your hair for at least 1 minute. If you look on the color wheel, purple is opposite of orange. Anyone that is an unnatural blonde knows that they do not want those orange brassy tones in their hair. Just like you learned in art class, purple counteracts orange. That is the idea behind a purple shampoo.This stuff really does help neutralize brassy tones. I honestly never see any brassy tones. Years back when I was blonde in high school, I wish I would have known about this. It would have made my hair look much better and like it was either done by a professional or genetics. This also has AG's CARE complex. That stands for Color and Radiance Enhancing Complex. I don't know what it is, but it is good.

To prove that this should be an addition to your shower routine if your blonde, I have had a couple people ask me about my hair. When I tell them I am not a true blonde, they are surprised to learn that. I do believe I can attribute this to many different things I do, but my purple shampoo is a must have.

Redken All Soft:
I knew I had to buy AG's Sterling Silver Shampoo, but I was on the fence about the conditioner. It was only when I learned from Wendy at Bentley Blonde that Redken's All Soft shampoo contains an ingredient called Gold Camelina. Camelina is only found in conditioners you get with your box hair dye as far as she and I know. It is a natural ingredient that has exceptionally high levels (up to 45%) of omega 3 fatty acids. It is also rich in antioxidants and has a lot of protein. You can also use camelina as a cooking oil for all of these benefits. Above all, all of these things are great for your hair. I find this conditioner really nourishes my otherwise dry, over-processed hair. It is a really thick conditioner and it smells and feels luxurious. Along with my Sterling Silver shampoo, I smell like I just walked out of a hair salon. I love that smell. Kind of like an herbal coconut. I am in love with this conditioner. I wish I could only use All Soft, and All Soft only, for the rest of my life. Think of this as the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque only in conditioner form. Except better.


Do you have any life-changing shampoo, conditioners, or hair products in general?
Do you know of any other hair products containing camelina?

As always,
thank you for reading
xoxo
Erica


4 comments:

Jenna H. said...

Hey I nominated you for the Elegant Blogger Award!
http://chiccupcake1.blogspot.com/2013/08/elegant-blogger-award.html
-Jenna <3

Unknown said...

oh nice! thanks Jenna

Lia said...

They sound like great products for blondes. I wonder if these brand's products would be good for non-blonde hair too?

The purple shampoo sounds really cool though!

Belle Epoque
http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.sg

Unknown said...

Lia the Redken all soft conditioner is great for any hair type! you will love it, i guarantee it! it is amazing stuff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...