Saturday, February 11, 2012

YBF Beauty: Your Best Friend Beauty Haul/ First Impressions (pic heavy)

Hey guys! I am not sure if everybody is going to know the brand YBF. It could be because the only place you can buy stuff from the brand would be on HSN. I personally love YBF.  When I first found out about YBF a few years ago I was watching HSN but never ordered anything from the brand. But I did love watching her (Stacy, creator of YBF) using everything on camera and I lusted over it.   Then last year, I got a chance to try the Brow Pencil in Universal Taupe from my Birchbox. I quickly realized it was one of, if not my all time, favorite brow product. You guys have seen it showcased on Meet Makeup many times. This kit was the "Today's Special" and was $25 + $5 for shipping and handling. I think it was a great deal and a great way to try out some new-to-me products from this brand.


Everything Included In The Kit:
Brow Pencil in Universal Taupe
Brighten, Hide, & Scuplt Concealer
Golden Gleam Bronzer & Baby Pink Blush
Neutralizing Pressed Yellow Powder
Illuminating Creme & Neutralizing Creme




The main thing that used to get me wanting her makeup was the mention of the booklet you get which tells you how to use all of the products. I love that kind of stuff (obviously)! Here's some photo's of the booklet you get with all of the goodies. FYI, the booklet is a rubbery paper. It's neat. Some of the things it covered was brows, eyes, face, & lips complete with diagrams and the like. It is an awesome little book that any beauty blogger would love. I also think this would be a perfect little gift for a teenager because of the booklet. Here's some photos of a couples pages




Brow Pencil in Universal Taupe: Like I mentioned, this value pack came with another brow pencil. I didn't open it just yet because my other hasn't ran out yet. If you frequent Meet Makeup, then you have seen this Brow Pencil many times! The product itself is very skinny, making precise application achievable. That last sentence makes me sound very smart (:


Brighten, Hide & Sculpt Concealer: Ok as far as concealer goes, it isnt thick enough to be any type of concealer. I have never really thought of using a creamy product to contour so this was quite new to me. However, I have been loving the results it gives when I use the darkest color as a contour. For night time looks, I can even go back in with a contour powder and it's not going to look like it's too much. In the day, it is perfection. With the lightest color I think it is a nice subtle highlight since it is lighter then my skin color and it does have some sheen to it, but no shimmer. If you guys want a kind of "how-to" of sorts on how I use this, let me know because I would love to show it off!





Golden Gleam Bronzer & Baby Pink Blush: This is the one product that I am really exited about. I have been using it almost every day. When I swatched this blush, I thought it was the most beautiful blush I think I have ever swatched. Im not going explain, im just going to show you

no flash
flash
no flash
flash








Neutralizing Pressed Yellow Powder: I do have a lot of redness on my face so since yellow does neutralize red, I couldn't wait to try this out. When used with any powder brush it does not come off yellow on your face. When I swatch it though, it looks yellow.


 here it is, blended in. It looks almost non-existent, like it should.




Neutralizing Creme & Illuminating Creme: 

Neutralizing Creme: This is basically to neutralize any redness and it even mentions that it actually covers up fine lines and wrinkles...im not too sure how that would work though. I don't have any wrinkles just yet but it isn't anything different then your run-of-the-mill neutralizer. This is something I am going to have to keep using however it is much creamier than the "concealer" and will cover up much more then the concealer.
Illuminating Creme: I am one for highlights, it is my new obsession and I think I may do a blog post on my faves. But anyways, I was exited try this one out too. This formula is exceptionally creamy. So creamy that I make a dent from the slightest touch. I think this would be good in a tube/stick. Regardless, I really like it. It's a nice highlight.


these are the swatches from both the Illuminating Creme (top) and Neutralizing Creme (bottom).  The Neutralizing Creme I actually blended out for some reason.

So that's that for my YBF haul. Have you guys ever tried anything from YBF? If so, what have you tried? If not, are you thinking about trying any of these products now?



p.s. Shout out to Alyssa & Alex if you ya'll are reading!!! Shout out to the rest of yah too! love all you guys!

yours truly.
Erica J


10 comments:

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Great haul!! We have not yet tried YBF but have heard of it. The blush and bronzer duo look so pretty! Love the gold sparkle!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Erica J said...

i really love the bronzer and blush too! i think it was a great package for only $25

Shannon said...

The pictures look great! That booklet looks great. :)

Unknown said...

Everything looks great! But the yellow powder caught my attention. Seems like it would be perfect for my redness in my cheeks. Nice review & photos :)

Erica J said...

thank you thank you! I appreciate that! and I <3 that book!

Erica J said...

yeah I am liking the powder but I think I like the yellow cream (neutralizing creme) better for the redness

Devea said...

Looks like great products, the blush is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Can you explain how to use the neutralizing creme. Does it go under your make-up or on top?

Thanks,
Wanda

TheBeautyTherapy83 said...

I nominated you for an award come and check it out beautytherapy83.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you Beauty Therapy! that is awesome! i think this was a long time ago and I already claimed it but still thank you kindly!

Wanda: so ironic of you to ask me this because i am about to do a blog/video on my january faves for 2013 explaining how i use it!

Devea: yes! it won my Besties award for bets blush for 2012! lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...