Thursday, January 26, 2012

December Birchbox in Review Form

It happens once a month. It happens at same time for every girl. No I am not talking about "that" I am talking about Birchbox. I am sure everybody gets sick of the exact same blog post from every single person popping up on your blogger fed. Birchbox haul. Most of these types of post's are hauls, first impressions, including my very own.

I figured it would be much more helpful for you guys and more fun me, to review my Birchbox as opposed to haul it. From now on, I will be showcasing my previous month's Birchbox so that way I have enough time to try everything out and give you a full review on each item. We'll start with Decemeber's box. Let's get started, shall we?

December's Box

First off, my Birchbox came extremely late and it was partly my fault as I didn't update my payment information. Birchbox credited my account 100 points (which is $10 to spend on Birchbox.com) even though it was my fault. I really thought that was awesome! It made waiting for my Birchbox that much better. Just a side note, customer service is seriously awesome.


Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo

Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo: Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Second day hair has never looked better. This volume-boosting dry shampoo spray absorbs excess oil and strengthens hair.

-Before I got this, I had only tried dry shampoo once from Suave and I didn't like it. I felt like it made my hair greasier than it was before I used it. With Oscar's, I do find that if you don't use it correctly, it will do the same as the Suave dry shampoo did. You can't get too close to your hair with the bottle. I find that if I keep it 6" away from my head it will work beautifully. I also find that if I use too much of Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo it will again make my hair greasy- so use sparingly!. Another important step to making it work is to wait for the product to dry and then be sure brush it out with a brush or even your fingers.

-As for the volumizing property with the dry shampoo I can't be sure of. I blow dry my hair with the main focus to give it volume. After I couple of days, my volume will go away if I don't do something about it. When I use Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo I feel like it brings life back to it, making it look like first day hair and my first day hair is always volumized. I am not sure if it would volumize my hair if I didn't blow it out a few days before hand.



Jouer Lipgloss in Birchbox Pink 
in the following swatches, the top swatch is swatched 3x over. Bottom swatch is swatched once.

no flash
with flash
Jouer Lipgloss in Birchbox Pink: We teamed up with one of our favorite brands to create this custom fuchsia shade. Apply one coat for semi-sheer pigment, or build it for a hot pink pout.

The 1st picture above is actually showing up more neon than it actually is but it is a really pretty gloss. The description really explains it well, & both the swatches are pretty spot on




Nuxe Dry Oil 



Nuxe Dry Oil: Apply this gorgeous oil to face and body to give skin a silken feel and subtle glow. You can also work a couple drops through your hair for softness and shimmer 

-Let me start off my by telling you that this was my favorite item in my box last month.  I wasn't too sure how much I was going to like this as it is an oil and I have sensitive skin. It didn't irritate my skin at all because it is dry as opposed to wet which I suppose would be greasy and heavy. This dry oil is extremely light weight and because of that it didn't clog my pores. Even though this is a deluxe sample I cannot see it running out anytime soon. I could probably keep this for a few years without having to repurchase as you only need the tiniest bit. I do really love using this on my cheekbones. It makes a really nice highlight. and as for my hair, it didn't do anything for me. I ran it through the tips of my hair and I got nothing.


Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue Petite Cologne Absolue

Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue Petite Cologne Absolue:  Ambre Nue A Birchbox exclusive, Atlier's latest fragrance is set to debut this January. Spicy amber notes contrast with sweet jasmine and green mandarin.

I didn't like this at all! I think it is a little too herbal reminding me of a hippie. Not a dirty one by any means! A clean hippie, yes. It just wasn't for me. It's funny, because I usually really love jasmine perfume's and even mandarin, but this perfume mix is a little too....I dont know. Heavy? Earthy? Mature? Here's something else Birchbox mentioned about the perfume:

"Most fragrances are designed like pyramids, with the most volatile notes (often citrus) at the top. Instead of this bottom-heavy structure, Atelier Cologne’s scents have an hourglass construction, with citrus-like notes on both the top and the bottom. The result? The freshness stays throughout the day."



E-Boost Orange Natural Energy Booster


E-Boost Orange Natural Energy Booster: Orange Natural Energy Booster Bounce back post-party with this tangy citrus energy booster, packed with a mega-dose of nutrients.

I was dying to try this out and I freaking lost the packette! UGH! Oh well...Im sorry I can't give you a review on it guys ): I really wanted to try it!




Showstoppers® Designer Fashion Tape in Nude/Black

Showstoppers® Designer Fashion Tape in Nude/Black: Designer Fashion Tape Celeb Stylists swear by these double-sided tape strips, which will ensure that your party dress stays perfectly in place.

I wanted to try these but I just didn't need anything hemmed or worn anything skimpy enough to need to tape my shirt to my boobs or body but I have it tucked in a drawer so when summer hits ill be breaking it out! I letcha know then!


So what do you think, do you like this type of Birchbox blog post better? I really do!

till next time,
xoxox
Erica

7 comments:

LifeLover said...

I think everyone should do this of review for birchbox, because I hate when you just see the products but you dont know anything about them! Erica, you did an amazing job on this post!

Today i subscribed to My Glam Bag, are you trying it? Is the same as birchbox, its also 10 bucks a month but is more on the makeup and beauty side!

I wasnt subscribed in any of this thing so I look up reviws of my glam and birchbox, and i end up choosing my glam.

Erica J said...

thanx Kari (: I wanna try the Glam Bag too! I was about to order because i was watching MacBarbie's video on it and then one of the comments mentioned that nobody else got any full size products so let me know how yours is when you get it! because i really want but as long as I at least get a mix of full size and deluxe samples

Dana Yoshimizu said...

:( darn to losing the package of the energy booster, but maybe it'll show up sometime when you least expect it! :)
Lost stuff usually always pops up somewhere, haha.


<3,
Dana

Michelle Loreto said...

Wow, looks like such great stuff! Love the gold shimmer.

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

Erica J said...

Dana, yep that's true! im sure its somewhere around here and hopefully it is yummy

Chelle: I am in love with it! it is one of my faves for the month for sure

LauraMck said...

Great Post really enjoyed reading it!! The Jouer lipgloss looks so pretty wish we could get these in Ireland xx

Erica J said...

aww! laura, im sure you can probably order from sephora, i think they have jouer. if your willing to pay that hefty shipping $$$

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...