Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Wishes - Book Edition

Hey there! I wanted to do a couple of these kinds of posts where I talk about what I want for Christmas. Partly because I wanna share with you guys and give you some ideas and partly because I don't wanna forget my wishlist! There has been so many books I have been wanting!!!! FYI- be prepared: Meet Makeup will be taken over to do Christmas gifts hauls, Christmas gift ideas, etc. What ever else I can think up! I am not sure if you guys know that Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday! And this is exactly why. It inspires me to be creative in every which way: parties, presents, blog posts, decor, fashion, makeup, food. I mean anything I can think of I try to make it Christmas oriented...so yeah. Hope you guys are gunna love it! Dont worry tho, because I do have a review or 2 coming up and also a cyber monday haul too. I also have a FOTD coming up as well...soon enough I am hoping to find the time.





Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen- (novel) we actually just watched this last night and in a lot of ways it reminds me of The Notebook. I cannot say it tops The Notebook but it is pretty similar so if you haven't seen this movie, you need to! As soon as the movie was over I knew i had to read the book next.


The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks- (novel) I have seen the movie a million times but I have never read the book so I really want it- I am positive it is going to be amazing.


Dear John by Nicholas Sparks- (novel) Same author as The Notebook and me and by bf love this movie. And I cry every. single. time. It is so freaking sad, that I have to be in a mood to watch it but I cannot wait to read the book.  Also, have you guys heard the soundtrack? It is amazing as well.


Million Little Pieces by James Frey-  (novel) I have read My Friend Leonard by him as well and it is my favorite book to date. I read it in a matter of 2 days. My Friend Leonard was seriously a book I couldn't put down and I always hear people say that about books and couldn't truly relate until I read this one. This book is really good about love, hardship, addiction- it is a must read. My Friend Leonard is the sequel to Million Little Pieces so I will be reading it backwards. Oh well.




Queen Pin by Jemeker Thompson-Hairston and David Ritz (novel) I heard about this from Makeup by Mel from Youtube and she said it was a good one. As she mentioned this is about drugs, sex, & violence and is a true story. Right up my alley- sounds like an excellent read.


Nars Makeup Your Mind-(makeup book)  Dont think I need to mention what this is about. We all want this one.


Lauren Conrad Style Guide- (fashion book) I always loved Laguna Beach & The Hills but I was always team Kristen. Nowadays, Lauren Conrad is one of my favorite (affordable) designers so I think I would really love this one. You can get her clothes at Kohl's btw.


Barefoot in Paris by Ina Garten- (cooking) If you have ever watched Barefoot Contessa on Food Network then you will know of Ina. Her show is the only cooking show I can sit through and keep me interested. The name Barefoot Contessa was actually adapted from a '60's movie about the culture in Paris, among other things that I have no clue about lol. But yeah, I want her cookbook.


Fabulosity by Kimora Lee Simmons- (style/how-to)I really just love her. She is so glamorous from her clothes to her homes that I want her book. What beauty blogger wouldn't?


Ur Infinite Power to be Rich by Joseph Murphy- (financial) I have read (a few times, actually) Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach and I seriously learned so much on how to save and spend money. You too can be a shopaholic and actually save money for retirement and vacations, so as far as Smart Women Finish Rich goes, I highly recommend it. Even if your a boy, I think it is still perfect. Too much to explain in this little paragraph but it will give you worksheets to tailor your spending and what not and to help you figure out what is important to you and it also helped me turn my dreams into goals by putting every detail on paper and mapping it out for me.


Twilight-(novel)  I haven't read this yet but everyone I talk to tells me that I must! So yeah, I wanna read it. Although, this isnt at the top of my list. Have any of you guys read it?


2 comments:

Shannon said...

I have read the Twilight novels & I can honestly say...I loved them. The movies ehhh not so much. LOL!

Elle Sees said...

so many of my faves are on here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...