Tuesday, August 7, 2012

NOTW: Oil Spill

Hey there! Today, I just wanted to share a really quick Nail of the Week with you guys! If you remember, I bought this nail polish - The Gap's Gold Rush - when I was in Pittsburgh with my boyfriend. I was thinking it was a dupe for Chanel Peridot and you if you click you can see for yourself. 



Usually these nail polishes with the duo chrome, oil spill effect are always really thin once they are dry. That holds true for this nail polish too. The up side to that is even though it is really thin, you can get away with one coat for sure. I think that it has something to do with the fact that it is multidimensional. I have been really loving only painting 1 coat on my nails if I can get away with it because I notice that it will actually stay on longer. When I am doing 2-3 coats + a top coat, my nail polish will just peel off in 1 piece in a day or 2. Because of that, this nail polish lasted a couple days longer than the norm on my nails. On the 5th day, it started to chip.

Moving on, for $6 I like the polish. If your looking for a Chanel dupe, you have just hit a gold mine!  (HAHA!)

This type of finish is so freaking hot this fall! I have been seeing Oil Spill polishes of all colors, holographic nail polishes and metallic nail polishes everywhere. Literally. Everywhere. I am going to have to invest in some more!

I will be back this week with my July Favorites and an Avon Haul! Yes! I have videos to go along with them too! Also, I am re-vamping my blog too! I have been working on it for like a month and I am ready to get all the HTML stuff figured out so there's isn't going to be a huge mess (I have learned my lesson about HTML messes!) but just an FYI (:


See you soon!

xoxo
Erica

6 comments:

Lia said...

That looks so cool!
http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.com

Elle Sees said...

im getting this!! i love it.

ApplePie said...

Wow! That nail polish is beautiful! I followed you and I just started a blog, it's dutch. But you could use translate of course. Following would mean alot to me! (I have a blog hop atm)
http://likearolemodel.blogspot.com

Nicole Lemos, Makeup Junkie said...

Found you through the Blog Hop and now following! Please Hop to mine, lol :)

Your blog is GORGEOUS!!! Love the banner!!!!

Erica J said...

that fine Ash!

Elle: good! i know they have new ones coming out (china glaze) with different colors too!

Apple Pie: cool! good luck!

Nicole: Thanks for stopping by!

Erica J said...

Nicole: thank you so much for complimenting my banner! it means a lot to me. i made it myself (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...