Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quinoa on the Sweeter Side and 30 Days of Blogging

Hey guys! What's up? NMH. J/C. *anyways*
*D*
  *R*
     *O*
        *P*
to the next subject. if anybody used to write like that in 7th grade, holla! I remember we used to have notebooks that we would decorate just for notes. Nobody ever carried around a real school notebook. It's funny because all of our notes mention the same thing....absolutely nothing! we would write notes just for the sake of writing them on our note notebooks, & decorating the page. It was like a competition on who had the best notebook. okay, whatever. How do I get off topic so badly?
*D*
  *R*
     *O*
        *P*
to the next subject. You may have seen the first part of the title Quinoa on the Sweeter Side! I am guessing you have probably made it for dinner or for salads, I know I have. It is one of my favorites. But dessert? Yes! While I was on Eating Bird Food , my new favorite healthy blog, I found a bunch of different ways to eat quinoa. Don't let the title scare you like it did me, she's great! She loves incorporating Quinoa in home made Granola, in Yogurt, she will even make it into a cold cereal. I am not sure how, but maybe I will find out. Anywho, I decided to try it in my yogurt parfait. It makes for a Rice Pudding Dupe! ha! see what I did there?


I thought this would be a great idea considering Quinoa is full of fiber (the stuff that makes you full) and not to mention protein. I love Quinoa because 1. It tastes really good. I love pasta's, and rice, and that, and since I am not eating anything white, quinoa is (2.) one of the best grain's you can eat. Don't ask me why. it probably has something to do with the nutrition facts, of course. Tone It Up told me so, so it must be true.

I am not going to give you a freaking recipe because, it's not really a recipe. It is Quinoa in Greek yogurt with toppings. I will tell you what I layered anyways.


Creamy Base: Mix the yogurt w/ quinoa. That is your first layer.
Juicy Fruit: I choose Pineapple, Blueberries, & Raspberries
Crunchies: Nuts & Granola. I choose Almonds & Sunflower Seeds


Thats it! Easy Peasy! The only cooking involved would be cooking the Quinoa before hand, then letting chill in the fridge. I cooked a lot of it so we can have both sweet & savory Quinoa for the week!

ok so now onto the 30 days of blogging....I am going to attempt to blog every day for 30 days straight. Anybody wanna join me?? Let me know in the comments so I can follow you! If I skip a day, it just means I am really crazy and I don't have any time to perfect each and every post. Anyone else a perfectionist?

Has anyone ever tried Quinoa on the Sweeter Side?

Till Tomorrow
xoxo
Erica

6 comments:

Maria Sself said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria Sself said...

OMG, I've had a plan of blogging daily .... it's HARD!;-)

Unknown said...

Looks yummy!

Erica J said...

Maria- yeah, that has already went out the window! lol

Tiffany- thanx!

Erica J said...

Maria- yeah, that has already went out the window! lol

Tiffany- thanx!

Unknown said...

your recipes look great! thank you for leaving your comment on my blog so i could find you! i am now following you :] follow me too if you'd like.

love the blog :]
xoxo Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...