Friday, April 27, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

Hey there! I won an award for the Versatile Blogger! Are you nominated? Thank you so much Nails My Dreams, I really appreciate it! I would nominate her but idk if thats allowed or what but the girl can paint some nails! haha!

The Rules:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging (or whose blogs you enjoy most).
2. Let them know you nominated them.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger that nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.



I Nominate...
OKayAmy (OK! Amy)


p.s. A lot of these blogs I got from The Blog Hop I Go To! You should check it out, People! Link on the right sidebar.


7 random facts About Yours Truly

1. I make videos but never post them. Only because I cannot figure out how to transfer them into Windows Movie Maker. anybody know how to turn my .mov into whatever Windows Movie Makers needs?

2. I joined tumblr! It is unknown only until now because I am working on a badge for this blog to link to my tumblr, Be Inspired. It isn't a beauty blog or anything, it's more like a photography blog: Some from me & Some from others

3. One of my all time favorite shows is Lockup, which is about people in jail. Yep, I love it.

4. I am kind of obsessed with the 1920's- 1950's. Especially the architecture. That crazy obsession show on TLC? the girl that lives in the 50's? I dont blame her. I am thinking of following her ways. but then of course I will miss my blog too much. There is a place called Crandall Park near where I live that was established in 1910. It was an affluent neighborhood for all of the rich people who lived in Youngstown, Ohio. I took some pictures throughout my life, but nothing compares to the pictures back then. I found this video with pictures of when it was first built. Mine could never compare to these ones.

FYI: I can only tell which house is which by the house itself. It doesn't look like that at all these days...obviously...It wasn't obvious to me though! I thought it would look similar!





5. Like how I mentioned I love the 20's&50's. I can't begin to explain my obsession with Old Hollywood. If you love it as much as I do, you need to watch MGM: When The Lion Roars. It talks about the rise and fall of MGM Studios. MGM Studio's were in Culver City and it started sometime in the 20's I believe and went all the way to the 70's. They tore down the backlot and all. That makes me sad. The Mansion in Meet Me in St.Louis? Gone! It should be a crime! I have been to Universal Studios backlot but I would have loved to see the MGM backlot! I esp. love the way the movies look so 'unreal' - Take Little Women. Their Outside looks so studio like, with walls that are painted with trees and such. Thats why I love it. I wanna know what's behind those walls though. Another good one is Meet Me in St. Louis. Some Like It Hot (& "Sparaticus"! Clueless reference, if you caught that, go you! Your a child of the 90's like I am!) This is getting really long. Next Fact:

**quick fact about Old Hollywood** Did you know? That back then Actors and Actresses signed to a Studio? For Example: Judy Garland signed to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer for X amount of years meaning she could be in MGM movies, & MGM Movies only, until her contract ran out

also, When I first started this blog, I did a little somethin' somethin' about Old Hollywood. Make sure to highlight the text as I had a black background back then and my font is really light.

6. I suppose I will go ahead and give you my favorite newer movies now that I have given you old MGM movies. No particular order: Since I reminded myself....
Clueless
The Social Network
Alpha Dog
The Dark Knight
Blood Diamond
I Am Legend
Dear John aka the saddest movie ever made.


7. I just stubbed my toe on my freaking end table trying to open the damn window!

There you have it! And it is day 2 of 30 Days of Blogging! If anyone wants to join in trying their best to blog every day for 30 days, let me know so I can check yours out! I mainly wanted to do this because I have a few blog posts that have been really time consuming & I am in over my head so I just need to get them freaking publishes already!

Till Tomorrow
xoxo
Erica

2 comments:

ThePinkMargarita ♚ said...

Hello doll! Wow thank you for nominating me :) I followed you by the way. I hope you follow back.

I love it here! Keep on posting dear.

Xoxo,
The Pink Margarita

Erica J said...

Welcome Pink Margarita- your blog is really great and you deserve it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...