Sunday, April 15, 2012

Color of the Year 2012!

I hope you join me for my 3rd series of the Spring/Fall trends series that I have done since the beginning- it was so much fun making this and I do hope I can inspire you with colors,fashion,& trends! For the beginning of the series, I am going to talk about the colors of the season, day by day, declared by Pantone, the global authority of color. They went to NY Fashion Week & beyond to find out the prominent hues as well as color trends. Now I will take you through all of the trends for spring/summer 2012!

It is only logical to to start with the color of the year, Tangerine Tango, which is described as a provocative, vivacious, enticing juicy orange.
 


1. Dress from Kohl's by Elle
2. O.P.I. A Roll in the Hague from the Holland Collection
3. Necklace from Charlotte Russe
4. MAC Sheen Supreme Lipglass in Mango Sheen 
5. Charlotte Russe Bootie
6. Purse from Shoedazzle 


There are plenty of ways to wear 2012's color of the year, and according to Adrienne Vittadini, hot colors are great with other hot colors & cool colors are great with other cool colors.





Wedges: Bakers
Dress: ShopRuche.com
Bag: Clifton from Shoedazzle
Necklace: Forever 21



Mixing hot neons with soft pastels is a huge trend this spring.

According to Nanette Lepore, a great variaton would be using the vibrant Tangerine Tango, with Sweet Lilac, which she is calling the "new neutral" which has a hint of purple.





1. I can't recall....I missed the bus and forgot to write it down- oops! I wanna say Asos
2. Captivated Love Rosette Top from ShopRuche.com
3. Shoedazzle: Patti in Orange
4. Bracelet: Forever 21


Another way to wear Tangerine Tango?

Try Sodalite Blue and by the way, bird print is a trend this spring too!



Top From Asos
Skirt: Asos Simple Full Skirt with Paperback Waist


It's kind of amazing that such a intimidating color to most people, goes well with so many different other colors that I wouldn't have even thought of, honestly! I like Tangerine Tango along with Sweet Lilac,

whats your favorite variation?

So that's what the designer's think, what do you guys think Tangerine Tango can go with?


Please vote for your favorite color of the year here! Tangerine Tango is winning so far! For men's colors, check here. Thanx you guys so much for reading and I will be back with another color for tomorrow!

**disclaimer**  all collages were made by me - please credit if you wanna use them! thanx guys!


2 comments:

Nails My Dreams said...

I love the mixing hot neons with soft pastels trend. Looks so feminine.
(^^,)

Erica J said...

yes, me too! there are so many different variations that look so nice together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...