Thursday, April 5, 2012

Skinny Cupcakes

Lots of protein. Very Few Carbs. The carbs that are in this cupcake are the good ones, anyway. I hate diet-y tasting food. Loved these cupcakes. Rival Duncan Hines any day.




I was actually skeptical with these cupcakes, as I am with anything diet-y. When I made these, I was quite happy with the turnout. My mom even had one! She is one picky lady. She only likes pizza w/ pepperoni and anything with chocolate.....actually, only some stuff with chocolate...& MGD & pumpkin seeds. That's really it. If they pleased her, they will please anybody!

Did I mention I hate diet-y food? Well, I do. That's is why I love these! They are not the diet-y type of cupcake. They are actually good for you cupcake's. Even ask Karina & Katrina from Tone It Up, which is where I got this recipe, & I bet they will tell you that these very cupcakes would be good before or after a workout.

Ok so I kinda cheated on the name. I didn't think Valentine's Day Cupcakes was an appropriate name, so I am dubbing them "Skinny Cupcakes" the only unoriginal thing I can possible take credit for. That, and the cute font & colors! haha!  


 83 calories. 6 calories from fat



Now for the frosting. The frosting that they had on Tone It Up looked amazing! But, I didn't have cream cheese. So I was off to find another recipe. This frosting is from Oh She Glows. Now, one quick thing: this frosting is by no means skinny! Oh She Glows is a vegan baking blog, so the frosting is vegan, but not skinny! Personally, I liked the cupcakes on their own with no frosting & a little bit of earth balance. They were really great that way! I put the frosting on for everyone else in the house. Plus, the cupcakes look cuter with a hat on!The frosting was also fun & easy to make


  That's that! I hope you guys enjoyed my Skinny Cupcakes posts! Don't forget to visit Oh She Glows & Tone It Up to see another probably delicious icing and alot of other amazing desserts!

Stay Healthy
Erica

5 comments:

Maria Sself said...

wow, those seem toooooo yummy!!! and they don't seem to be harmful to my diet, so I should definitely give them a try!!! Erica, and thank you for your heads up - you're unbelievably AWESOME!!!

Erica J said...

lol your welcome! I didn't mention it and I didn't want my blog post to be the reason your mad at julep, yah no what I mean? lol--- I do not post any recipe on my blog that I don't love, they are divine!

Canadian Beauty said...

I cannot believe how delicious these healthy cupcakes look! yum! I found your blog via the blog hop event and I am stopping by to say hello! please check out my blog as well and follow if you enjoy my posts!

Cindy said...

Delicious and yummy!

xoxo,

Now following your blog!

http://icycrystalgalleria.blogspot.ca/

Cindy

Erica J said...

good to have you Canadian Beauty (: I will be checking it out!---- thanx to you too Cindy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...