Friday, June 17, 2011

Jesse's Girl Eye Shadow Primer

Hey guys, I have been wanting to do a review on this for a really long time! So here it goes

Jeese's Girl Website: "Your eyes, like an artist's canvas, require a primer for best results from your vibrant color palette. Jesse's Girl Eye Shadow Primer provides a silky, crease proof base for smoother application and long lasting color."$5.99

*the color I used for the Primer swatches is Luvstruck by Mark.
                                            
First Thought: when I first picked this up, I honestly didn't like it! I liked my Mark. one a lot better. The mark. one just seemed to have a more concealer like consistency and plus it acts as a concealor. This review isnt about the mark. primer tho which I could possibly do one in the future but I really don't use it as much as this one.


 Consistency: it feels like they took it and blended the formula to make it whipped or something.It is really light & airy formula. it blends into your lid well, not heavy what so ever.  

Color: It is a really pale nude color on the packaging, but I think that any skin color could use this stuff. The color you see in the package isn't the color it comes off on your skin. It basically just clear on the lid/skin.

  
Application: I just dab it all over my eye lid with the doe-foot applicator, and then I blend it into my lid with my finger.-but here's the trick with this stuff- make sure the primer is evenly applied or the color of your shadow will stick (and almost come out darker) on your lid where the primer is more heavily applied.




What do I think: I mean it really does everything that a primer is supposed to do. My makeup does not crease at all through out the day. Having said that, my makeup stays on throughout the day. When I do take off my makeup at night tho, it seems as if the shadow I put on at the beginning of the day is nonexistent on my lid by then. So it would be nice if it had more lasting power but like I said, it stays on through pretty much the whole day- but not quite. For $5.99, I think its a good product. I have had it for around a year now, so a little goes a long way. 




  • Ok now, idk if this is going to be a good thing or a bad thing for anybody else but the formula distorts the color -in a good way- I think personally. As you can see, on the pink swatches I did (above and below), It adds another dimension to the color. It makes the color a bit more shiner & deeper.

  • With the 2 swatches I tested I noticed also the swatch with the primer underneath does stick around much longer than the   one w/out the primer underneath.
Left swatch w/out primer
*please note* I swatched them twice because my camera died! This last pic and the other swatch pics are different pictures, to let you know. 

whats your favorite shadow primer?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...