Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Best of Birchbox

So I wasn't able to get a birch box this month and I feel like crying because I see everyone else got theirs!!! As I mention in almost every post I am down to no money and it has been hard for me to find a job!! with all of my whining and crying aside, I thought it would be really fun to do a Best of Birchbox post. You guys always kinda see more of a haul type of thing when I talk about my Birchbox and I never really mention an opinion because I haven't had a chance to try anything.

What Im going to do is pick out my absolute favorites from the past few months.

Laura Geller Baked Blush N Brighten- When I first got this and was using it, I did like it but I have to say it certainly wasn't my favorite bronzer. When I first got it in my June Birchbox, I was much darker and I guess it wasn't looking it's best on my skin. Now that I dont have as much of a tan, I am in love with it and have been using it to contour every day since then. As I mentioned before it is really shimmery but honestly, I dont think it's too shimmery as I thought it was before. You do have to use a light hand and be sure to tap off the excess & I know bronzers used for contouring arent supposed to really shimmer, but if you are a bit on the lighter side, I think it actually works really well as a bronzer. It does have shimmer to it, but not too much. And I hear once you hit pan, it isnt a pan but an Italian stone that it was baked on, I cannot wait to hit the tile!! yay!

YBF Beauty Brow Pencil- I have seen her on QVC or HSN so many times that when I seen YBF in my box, I was ecstatic. And it really exceeded my expectations. I love how if you apply it just right, it looks like hair and just blends in- I love this damn thing. As I mentioned before too, this really is a brow pencil only- which I think is a good thing because it dosen't look too heavy on your brows- it actually looks more like hair and mess like pencil marks. U could never use it as an eye liner or anything like that but I do think everyone needs one of these babies in their collection.



LIV GRN Earth Eau de Parfum the card read: "Made from biodegradable and sustainable ingredients, this lush scent is laced with jasmine and sandalwood." This is my favorite scent out of any of them I have received- I just am so in love with it- it is so clean and delicious and girly. check this out if you can, you will probably wanna drink it! well maybe not.... haha! I got this in my very first birchbox


On the Fence
these next items I like alot and I am really grateful to get a chance to try them out, but I don't think they are "must haves" or the best.  So I like them, but I don't love them

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Face Wash- This is a really gentle face cleanser and I do have sensitive skin but I personally think I like the L'Oreal 360 Clean that comes w/the scrubbie. They are very comparable, so if you are interested in this Philosophy face wash, I say save your money and opt for the L'Oreal 360. I also do like exfoliators in my face washes. If you have ever used Proactiv or Clearskin from Avon then you know what I mean. I like to mix Purity with Clearskin. I feel like I get a deeper cleaning w/ an exfoliant. So for this stuff, it's a great face wash but you can buy the L'Oreal 360 for much cheaper and have it do the exact same thing. I think that it is a good dupe for this stuff (and you get the scrubbie!) This would get a 4 but because it is expensive and I feel there is a dupe im gunna give it 3/5


Pangea Organics Toner for Normal Oily Skin- I have been using this toner almost every day since I got it. I really do like something about considering I keep on using it. I usually throw this in my bag if im going to be outside running or whatever. So that way when im all sweaty, I can just spray some of this stuff on and my skin feels refreshed. I think that any other toners I have give that extra step of cleansing more then this stuff does tho. Pangea Organics dosen't burn your skin like some other toners may but honestly, I like that sting just because I know it's getting the job done. The company claims that it gets rid of oil and impurities and I think that claim would be true. It also is supposed to help balance and hydrate your skin and also repair damaged tissue. I can't be positive about any of these claims. Also too, if you dont like the smell of like herbal/hippie scents, your not gunna like the smell of this- I personally don't like the scent. So im gunna give this a 3/5.



Stila Eyeshadow in Coco- When I first seen this in my Birchbox I was soo exited to try out a Stila shadow since I never have before. I think the color is really nice and it does have a good color pay off. I really like that it is matte so I can use it on my brows as well if need be. The only reason I am on the fence with this one is because I have an exact color from Mark. and they are identical twins. Mark.'s Espresso has the same color pay off, pigment, etc. So this is a great shadow but it isnt a unique color, & if you can get it cheaper then I say why in hell not? so again 3/5



4 comments:

Bijin Blair said...

The YBF Beauty Brow Pencil sounds amazing! The one that I'm using is so pigmented and makes me look like I'm rather heavy handed =[ Thanks for reviewing your favourite Birchbox products, they are so helpful!

Erica J said...

so glad you stopped by!! Thanx Blair!

Ana said...

I love the "Live Green" perfume. It's seriously my favorite; the sustainable ingredients doesn't hurt. Found you on Beautylish; cute blog! I wanted to GFC you but I didn't find a link to one. Boo! ;)

Erica J said...

hm thats weird- its right underneath my profile - second widget down - on the left hand side- well thanx for stopping by anyways!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...