Saturday, August 6, 2011

Vitamins: Healthy Habits

****this was written in march of this year- here's a link of where it should be! I was changing the label on this post and it just re-posted it self and didnt go back like it usually does to the day it was written!****


hey everyone! If you dont know, MSodaPop posted something on her blog called "The Healthy Journey" & for anyone who wants to join us comment below!  

Quick "Rules"
-8 glasses of water a day
-Eat healthy
-Exercise
-Motivate &  Communicate about how our day went

Now here's my whole thing on The Healthy Journey. I decided to join along because I have gained like 30 pounds in a year, I know that doesn't sounds like much. There was a time in my life that i used  to work out every day and be some-what healthy and I would like to get back to that. My weight gain is not healthy. I feel really tired in the morning and all day and I want to be able to feel good in my bikini. So I have been eating healthy, Lots of Fruits and Veggies, I will post some great recipes, & different work-outs that I have been loving, but this post is all about the Vitamins I have been taking
-Vitamins I Have Been Taking:

Milk Thistle: This is good for your liver. If you drink alcohol at all, this would be the go-to vitamin. It is to keep your liver healthy.

Women's One A Day- It has %50 of your daily Vitamin A intake (or at least how much Vitamin A you should have) Also has as much C, D3, & E  you should have daily, along with some other supplements but it also has Niacin in it and Niacin is actually a diet type of supplement.

-Vitamins I want to Take:

Quick Trim: For every 1 lb you work off, Quick Trim goes that mile and you actually work off two. I would love to try it!

Muscle Milk: I dont know if the Muscle Milk works against the Quick Trim I would like to check into that, but the Muscle Milk is supposed to be taken (or drank) after a strength work-out. All of that work you just did makes your muscles thirsty for lack of a better word

Fish Oil- This is actually supposed to help you lose weight along with a healthy diet. It has Omega 3 Fatty Acids & are not only good for weight loss, but are good for arthritis, anti-aging, helps reduce inflammation ex: Alzheimer's & Psoriasis. It also helps with sight. I just want to try it because it will help you shed pounds but the extra benefits are added in bonuses!

Prenatal Vitamin- Hence the name, they are for pregnant women but they do help your hair grow faster and makes it shinier and healthier. They also are good for nails. They help your nails grow quicker & longer and have a reputation for strengthening your nails

Updates on the healthy journey - I have been doing quite well but for some reason I cant seem to break my addiction to Pop! (soda for all you non-Ohioan-natives) I love Pepsi and it's like I crave it and im not satisfied until I get a sip a pop! But besides that so far so good for me.Some food ive been eating:
Breakfast: Oatmeal w/fruit

 Turkey sandwich, alfalfa sprouts, baby bell cheese on wheat bread.
(It tastes just like Jimmy John's)

Dinner- Tuna mixed w/hummus, little greek yogurt, a hard-boiled egg salt, pepper, and some other seasoning on special K crackers

Dessert- Greek Yogurt w/truvia and some fruit

Vitamins ive been taking: (im not a Dr. these are just what I have been taking)

Vitamin E- It's a powerful antioxidant and is going to help with premature aging of cells! You really cant go wrong with E its good for your brain, heart, respiratory system, breast health, and also helps with PMS too! Also if you have seen the Cool Idea/Ice Facial post, she talks about putting it (along with some green tea) on your face- it's gunna make your skin nice as well.


P.S. I am not a Vitamin expert, but I have done the research and (a) these are things that I have found out about each supplement and (b) I have been taking these and these are just my own opinions and facts about how they make ME feel. Thanx For reading! xoxox






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...