Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What's in my Birchbox + Review

I really loved this months box. The trend seems to be every other month you get a great box & the other months they are crap. So I received my box around 2 weeks ago & I would say that is enough time to try some of the stuff out to give my full opinion on it.





Melvita Rose Floral Water: I am not a fan of the smell of roses & no that is not a metaphor! (yep, really stupid joke!) But this smells like roses & vanilla. That is it. It is a really light, nice, sweet scent. I was surprised to find myself spraying it on my face all day because it smells so good! It says you can use it as both a mild toner & a skin refresher. I have been doing both & while I do not see a huge difference in my skin, it is always nice to use.



Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner: This stuff is great. The applicator is actually a marker & it makes for a really precise line. Anyone who is just starting out with liquid liner, I recommend Eyeko's or any type of marker. I glides on really smooth as well. When I realized it was green I really disappointed. I only wear black liquid liner!! I am going to experiement out of my comfort zone because it is such a good product but when it starts to fade, it turns from a deep green (which is doable) into a true medium toned green. Dammit.



The Balm Stainiac: The best thing in this box! Can you believe I have never used a stain? Now that I have tried it, I don't wanna go back to powder or cream! On the cheeks, it looks so very natural, like the color is coming from the skin as opposed to on top of it. It reminds me of the part on Meet Me in St. Louis where Judy Garland pinched her cheeks before going down to join the party. If anyone knows that movie, holla! It's my favorite throwback (: Anyway, the consistency is jelly like as you can see & it outlasts any powder on the cheeky's. <3



swatches:
 Stainiac blended out....



Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream: I initially thought this was for the face. When I opened the package I was pleased to find a flier congratulating me. Very thoughtful! This has the consistency of Vaseline. it is for very dry skin, cracked heels, whatever. I dont really have much of an opinion about it, honestly. I say go buy some Vaseline. Sorry there's no picture, but I bet you can guess what it looks like from above! Nothing special to me!


Cynthia Rowley Designer Band Aids: Did I say Stainiac was my favorite thing? Maybe its these! The best "extra" I have ever gotten! These band aids are freaking cute! I can't wait to get a cut! The price is a little outragous, 20 for $15, so I am really happy to have them as a freebie because I dont think I could ever justify spending that much on band aids.

I love the sequins one! I put it on my finger for no other reason then to show it off! OMG I am a freak (:


So theres my Birchbox for June! I liked it this month. 
What did you guys get in yours? 
Anything different?

xoxo
Erica 

 

2 comments:

Ileana Recommends said...

Which I could get my hands on any ot those samples monthly membersip, lucky girl, everything looks nice!

Erica J said...

oh no! how come you cant?! i bet its because your an aussie....am i right??? lol. I feel bad almost! if I ever have enough $$ to ship a box to you i would gladly do so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...