Saturday, April 16, 2011

Whats In My BirchBox?

Yay! My Birch Box Finally came!! I feel like I have been waiting months (I actually have been waiting since mid February, so it has been 2 months) A quick explanation of what Birchbox is: A service which you pay $10 a month and they send you high-end sample beauty products. There's a bunch of brands they teamed up with (Nars, Benefit, Zoya, etc) to let people try out stuff before they really make the commitment to buy something. What ever you like, you can rack up points and get the product of your choice full size (or you can pay for it). Not only that, but you are signed up on the site so there are some other perks you get like little little video on products you receive or how-to's. You also make a beauty profile when you sign up so they know your hair type, skin color etc. so that way when you are sent certain products they will work for you.
 I was soo exited to dig into my box, I used a pen to open up the package and obviously marked my birchbox! lol

OK, on with the Haul:
1. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel "This organic peel doesn't mess around: natural fruit acids dissolve even the most tenacious dead cells for an immediately brighter, smoother complexion" is what the card reads. After cleansing your face at night your supposed to apply this to your face and leave it on for 10 minutes. It is supposed to give you a brighter complexion, firm skin, and eliminate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is an exfoliator as well, it has raw cane sugar in it, which I thought was interesting. They also gave me a little sample of their Stem Cellular Repair Moisturizer to use after I use the peel. The moisturizer claims to decrease DNA damage (what-ever that means) & improve cellular damage. I am really into skin care I feel that is the first, most important step to outer beauty and I am always looking to up my ante with my skin care regimen.

2. LIV GRN Earth Eau de Parfum the card reads: "Made from biodegradable and sustainable ingredients, this lush scent is laced with jasmine and sandalwood." This scent smells so delicious! I smells just really clean and feminine. It is a perfect spring scent. It does have a floral note to it (duh Erica, jasmine is in the scent) but it is a bottom note. The first thing I think about the scent is fresh and clean.

3.LaVanila The Healthy Body Butter (card) "Made from all natural shea and cocoa butters, this satiny cream is lighter than your usual butters - perfect for warm spring weather" They formula is really thick but it definitely isn't greasy. I can say it does feel light-weight. I received the vanilla lavender scent. The scent smells like an aroma therapy candle. If you like that scent, you would like this. Not one my fav.scents I know my friend Alex will love this tho. I like the formula but not the scent, so this one's for Alex.

4. Zoya Nail Polish in Jules Zoya is actually an award winning company for their formula of polish. It wont chip on your nails is what they claim. for me, so far so good. It's been about 24 hours since I applied it, and I like the formula! I think ill will be using Zoya alot from now on. Isnt the color I would have picked, but it is pretty and something different to ply with (sorry if you cannot see the true color of this polish, It was hard to capture!)


5. They also gave me a little something extra to go with this months theme which is going green & being eco-friendly-

4 comments:

Zombie said...

Thats a lotta stuff in that box!

Erica J said...

yes and for ten bucks, great quality too!! I love the birchbox! thanx for stopping by!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Hey Erica J! Thanks for stopping by our Birchbox post. We haven't used the Zoya polish yet and it looks really nice on your nails! Also we can't wait to plant the wildflowers!
www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com

Erica J said...

hey! yeah I love this service!! I love the polish, I love all of it!! I cant wait to get the next birchbox!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...