Thursday, April 14, 2011

How To: Get Clear Skin For The Summer!

Since I was 20, I have been plagued with skin that has a mind of it's own! Sometimes dry, other times oily. I have been trying everything to make sure my skin will remain clean & blemish free! Especially with summer coming up, you really don't want a ton of make-up on your face when your at the pool or if your sweating it off so here's some really great tips and tricks:

1. Wash your face in the morning and at night following these 4 steps:
a. Wash It Off!- Use a Cleanser to wash off all make-up with some kind of tool. I use Loreal Deep Facial Cleanser and I came with a little rubber sponge, which is good to deep clean. Washing your face in a circular motion, concentrating on one area at a time (mainly your T-Zone) is going to give your face an even deeper clean. I reviewed the Loreal Deep Facial Cleanser here
b. Exfoliate: Find an exfoilator that works for you. (I use proactiv) Using an exfoiliator will remove the surface layer of the dead skin cells. Get a cleanser with tiny grains! Big Grains will rip and tear your beautiful skin up!
c. Toner: Kind of like insurance for your face. It will remove all of the remaining traces of dirt, oil, & make-up. 
d. Moisturize: Make sure not to go overboard, it will clog your pores. A good way to tell if you are not moisturizing enough is if your skin feels tight, that means it is crying for moisture!
2. Going out in the sun isn't good for your skin but who wants to stay cooped up? Nobody! If you are going out in the sun make sure to use a blocker that is Non-Comedogenic, Non-Acnegenic, or Oil-Free to prevent clogging pores. Go a step farther and wear only "broad spectrum" sunscreen's which block both UVA & UVB rays. Active Ingredients would be Zinc Oxide, Avobenzone, or Mexoryl.
3. Pamper your skin. Give yourself a facial. I will be doing a post coming up about how to exactly do so, but there are plenty of good masks out there, and alot of good recipes to make your own as well.
4. Try not to pop your pimples. Unless I have just given myself a facial I will "extract" the white/black heads. I never touch the red infected one's, if you do try to pop those it will drive all of the bacteria deeper into your skin. If you have a red pimple, use Visine on it, it gets the red out, as they promise- even with pimples! it's amazing! (any dermatologist will tell you never pop any pimples, but it does work for me but ONLY if I take all of the necessary steps to "extract" them. How to give yourself a facial is coming soon on my blog)
5. Take Biotin! It is a vitamin that is good for your nails, hair, & skin. I have been taking biotin and I have noticed some huge changes! Like with all vitamins you must take them on a daily to notice any changes.It also helps with the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins which is a definite plus!
First of all I am an avid Proactiv user and I really love it but it can be expensive! If you haven't tried it yet, I say to go for it! It really is a small investment for what you will be gaining. Clear skin, clean face, more confidence! Also if you register online, you get a bunch of free steps which include: moisturizer, daily oil control, refining mask, & vitaclear which has biotin in the packets all for around $30 if I am not mistaken. To learn more about it I talked about it detail here

If Any Of You Guys Have Some Great Tips Feel Free to Comment About Them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...