Saturday, March 19, 2011

Proactiv Skin Care & Proactiv Vitamins?!

Yes with my Proactiv order, I opted to try out the free trial vitamins. It's a kool idea that I was curious about so I wanted to try it out. Since I just received the vitamins I cannot give you a full review, but I will say that I am very exited and have high hopes for it! Since im on my Healthy Journey I figured, why not give it a try? But I can give you a review on the Proactiv & I know I promised a 360 clean from Loreal review and im not going to get into it on this post but I do use it in my skin care regimen so if you want a separate (but short) review click here


So there is everything I got for $30 bucks! I mean it's really not a bad price at all, even though the 3 steps are not full size, but there is enough there for me for at least 2 months. I have never actually bought a full size & I suppose you get more for your money, but the travel size has always worked for me. But I also got a full size Refining Mask, the Daily Oil Control, & the Oil Free Moisturizer. It also come with the Dr's Secret's Booklet and it's nothing special. It's like a "fun facts" type of thing that maybe if your a teenager and this is your first experience with breakouts, could be of use. Otherwise it's a book of obvious statements.

When I was 20 years old, I started breaking out horribly, and this resulted in me being self-conscious about my skin. I bought pro-activ and at first I thought I was a scam! That is because I started breaking out even worse after a week or 2. But that is how it works. It gets rid of all of that cucky in your pores and underneath your skin & after my first bottle was gone my skin was not only blemish free, it was as soft as a baby's back side! I heart Proactiv!

Let me tell you a little about each product:
1. Step 1 the Renewing Cleanser (you only need a little bit, I believe they say a "dime size") has an exfoliant in it. It has a slight gritty-ness to it. It's not too intrusive, I doesn't feel like your rubbing sand all over your face or anything. To me it's quite gentle.

2. Step 2 Is just the Toner. I actually just drip a couple drops all over my face (cheeks, forehead, chin) & then rub it in with just-washed hands. I do that just because I feel like I am wasting it with a cotton ball. A cotton ball is recommended but honestly, that way works fine too. I feel like it works better because im not wasting half of it on the cotton

3. Step 3 is a Repairing Treatment, not to be confused with a moisturizer. I think this is the Holy Grail of the bunch. This is probably the product that I love the most out of all of them.

4. Refining Mask is to be used after Step 1 & you apply it to your blemish(s) on a damp face. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and then wash off. I used to love this one a lot too, it felt like my pimples would just fall off the next day. Now when I use it, I don't get the same effect. I haven't used my new one though, and maybe I feel like it didn't work as well because I wasn't using it with the 3 other steps. You are supposed to use it a couple times a week.

5. The Green Tea Moisturizer is to be used when your experiencing dryness and after the 3rd step. And since it is a Green Tea Moisturizer, it has plenty of anti-oxidants which are good for your skin. If you have watched my Ice Facial (courtesy of Michelle Phan) you know she used Green Tea in that.

6. The Oil Free Moisturizer has SPF 15 in it and agian should be used after the 3rd step. I use it in the morning as the very last step. The only reason is, is because it has SPF 15 in it so I will protect my face throughout the day.

7. Daily Oil Control is to be used after the 3rd step as well, and you should use it daily. I have oily skin so I dont know if they sent it to me because they knew that (which im assuming so) My only gripe for this product is that the consistency of it it watery. If you a put a touch on your finger to apply, it will slide right off of your finger because of how watery it is.

(sorry about the side-ways pic, I couldn't turn it right side up for some reason!)


Pro-Activ Vitamins(VitaClear)
They come in this cool little case and are individually wrapped for each day, which is nice. If your in a hurry just grab 'em and go. I have been taking them in the morning and once I explain them all, you will see why.
1. Energizer - Designed to help boost energy & they are believed to play a key role in maintaining healthy-looking skin & are also known as "stress vitamins" & helps energize you on a daily basis.

2. Mineral Compound- Designed to help support healthy bones & support clear skin. Also support's a healthy immune system & support a strong body from head-to-toe. It has Calcium, Magnesium (muscle health), Zinc (optimal skin health), Chromium (plays an important role in carb metabolism & believed to manage sugar too), & Boron which support's healthy bones.

3. Antioxidants- Like a said earlier, it helps support healthy looking, clear skin. Sun, Pollution, & Stress all impact your skin and since this supplement has Vitamins A, C, & E It helps tame breakout's. Vitamin A is not only great for smooth, supple skin it also supports vision, healthy growth and reproduction & is essential for proper immune system.

4. Lastly there is the Super Juice supplement which is designed to supply whole food nutrition. A diet is supposed to include 4-5 daily servings of fruit & veggies . Since alot of people don't get the recommended amount in their diet, this has what you need to supply the whole food nutrition in just one tablet. It has Vitamin C (helps with the production of new, healthy cells) & D (to aid in absorption of calcium), Thiamin (helps to metabolize fats & carbs), Folic Acid (for DNA synthesis, whatever that is) & Biotin again.

Bottom Line of these Vitamins, is that you don't really need to get the Vita Clear box, you just need to purchase the vitamins at the local GNC. These supplements are also great for other things too, not just skin, which is the one thing I really like about them. I don't have to worry about taking other vitamins, I can just pick up a pack of these and be on my way for the day!

What do you all do to keeps your skin clear?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...